Friday, January 31, 2014

Inspiration



I am always looking for fresh inspiration for my work and most times I find it's from color.  I love finding new and interesting color combinations then figuring out how it will work as a bracelet or a brooch.   Pinterest has been a veritable font of inspiration lately, for instance.....  


This colorful blouse:
















Inspired this bracelet:



This room:




















Inspired this bracelet:

I have a whole Pinterest board waiting to be translated into embroidery pieces.

Where do you find your inspiration?

2 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

Lately I've got ideas for dolls in my head that combine different aspects of historical dolls with what people "wish" they could wear. Lots of the fashion on Pinterest adds to this...there are tons of things I'd love to "get by with" but am not brave enough (or am too old) to wear in public.

Love both the bracelets!

Louise said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to receive mine! :)