Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Shopping

Gordon Skagit Farm is one of my favorite places to visit in the fall.  


We stopped by yesterday on our way back from town and it was the perfect time to go, the weather was chilly but not too cold and it wasn't too crowded (on weekends the place is packed, and I'm not a fan of crowds).  
They really go all out with the displays and there are so many different  pumpkin varieties to choose from.  Looking through the photos I took I'm noticing that they really don't do justice to the variety of pumpkins and squash they had available. 

Besides pumpkins, squash and apples they sell local honey, apple cider and gorgeous dried flower swags and wreaths.


We picked a bunch of yummy Jonagold apples. Great for pie!

I wanted to take that fabulous huge pumpkin painting home with me


We will definitely be stopping by there again soon.  You can never have too many pumpkins right?


I'm totally inspired by all the Halloweeney autumn goodness.
Stopping by this place every October has become a tradition for us.
What are your favorite fall activities?

2 comments:

Jaime Haney said...

This place looks fabulous! I love that pumpkin painting. Everything looks so pretty.

We have a new tradition, for the last few years we have gone to a local farm that has a corn maze as well as a pumpkin patch that you take a hayride and pick your own pumpkin. Lots of baked yummies and needful autumn things ;)

JDConwell said...

Oh my gosh, how could you NOT love this place? I wish we lived farther up North so we could have sweatshirt weather in October, and were surrounded by this kind of apple-cider autumn.

Wonderful tradition you have!