Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cadillacs, Beaches, Impressionism and Stabbings

In the early afternoon on Saturday some friends came over to go see a small classic Cadillac show with us. I am not a car buff so I don't have any details about any of the cars, but I took a bunch of pictures.
My husband did a really nice chalk drawing on the sidewalk while we waited for our guests, it's taken from a painting by Edward Potthast called "At the Seashore".
Out of all the cars,I think this pretty shiny red one (which matches my toe nails by the way) may be my favorite.

This reallllly classic one is pretty snazzy too.

The underside is all exposed, with gears and chains...very steampunk.

This hearse was pretty interesting. It was in pristine condition.




After the car show we all went to the beach. It was the perfect day for it, warm with enough of a breeze so that it's not uncomfortable.

After the beach we came back to our house for a barbecue...that's where the stabbing comes in.
Nothing too horrendous, I just stabbed my hand while trying to separate frozen hamburger patties. I guess that's what I get for being lazy and not making fresh.
It was deep enough though, that I had to go to the ER to have it washed out and glued together. I took a picture with one of those hazardous waste symbols in the background, but I will leave it off for those that are not into blood and gore.
Was that a bit anticlimactic? Sorry.

No comments: